DOOLEYS has a strong tradition of community engagement. As an organisation, we are committed to being an active member of our local community by investing time and resources in addressing community needs, improving the quality of life of our workforce and members, embracing diversity, looking after the environment and always conducting our business in a transparent and ethical manner.
DOOLEYS is committed to our local community and actively participates in community life through a variety of key partnerships, community projects, sponsored events and employee volunteer opportunities.
Each year, we proudly support over 150 local community organisations, schools, charity groups and sporting associations through funding programs such as ClubGRANTS, sponsorships, donations and in-kind support.
DOOLEYS key community involvement partnerships include:
- The Children’s Hospital at Westmead – a variety of fundraising activities are undertaken each year including City2Surf, the Bandaged Bear Appeal and the DOOLEYS Christmas Fair
- Catholic Education Foundation – providing education bursaries for local school children
- Naming sponsor of the Netball NSW DOOLEYS Metro league
- Cumberland Council – sponsorship of community events including Australia Day, Cherry Blossom Festival, Lunar New Year Festival, Seniors Week and Christmas in the Gardens
- Local sporting sponsorships – including cycling, basketball, netball, rugby league, soccer, AFL and cricket
The DOOLEYS Board of Directors, management and staff are dedicated to ensuring the Club has a positive impact on the local community, working tirelessly to ensure DOOLEYS is an active contributor to the Cumberland local government area and its surrounds.